631.803.0463 | 718.574.7387
Top 40 | Reggae | Calypso | Jazz | Disco | Pop | Steel Pan
Haft 2 Laugh Comedy Productions
Joe Pianos Entertainment
How To Hire The Best DJ or Band?
by Michael Variale, East End Entertainment
The event date and location are set. What’s next? Entertainment! Entertainment is probably one of the most important decisions you will make. The music you select will set the tone for your event.
Here are tips to help you make a confident decision:
Things to Consider
1. How important is the entertainment to your event?
2. What is your music vision? (DJ, band, live musician, DJ/musician combo)
3. Are there any special location requirements needed? (generator or tent)
4. Do you need additional music for the pre-party or after-party?
Do Your Research
1. Carefully view the company’s website & social media pages. (view pictures, videos, reviews and available packages)
2. Ask venues and event professionals who they recommend and why.
3. Read reviews from various sources to get a more accurate portrayal of a business.
Make the Call
1. Allow the company to describe their event style & allow them describe on their experience.
2. What type of events do they do most?
3. How many events they do a year?
4. How many songs are in their repertoire?
5. How many songs can be requested?
6. Do they take breaks?
7. What kind of equipment is used? Is there a backup system?
8. Are there any additional costs?
9. Do they have event insurance?
10. How many years experience does your assigned DJ/Band with the company have?
Feel free to contact us with any questions.
East End Entertainment